Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer 2009~Where did it go?!

10 days till I move back to Bloomington. 27 days until my summer is officially over and I am back to school. Wow where did my summer go?! I managed to not post anything all summer so I will try to catch everyone up without writing a book! I have some pictures to post but my next post will be all pics from the summer when I can get home and get them all off of my computer! It actually helps to look through all my pictures just to remind me what I did all summer! I guess I got the picture taking gene from all of my aunts!! So I guess I'll begin at the begining of the summer! I got a great job working at Crane Federal Credit Union. I am a teller and I move around from branch to branch (Washington was my main place, and probably my favorite) I really like it and I enjoy working with everyone, but I don't think I would want to do it for the rest of my life. On to June...not much happened in June, unless you count Jess and Nic's wedding-not really a big deal! ha The wedding was amazing! Beautiful, and nearly perfect!! Some other exciting things in June: of course the Daviess County Parade!! ha and I got a new car which I thought was pretty exciting :) I miss ol' Lola sometimes but I'm pretty happy with my new car (My friends and I haven't found the right name for this one yet, for some reason Lola really stuck last time! ha) The begining of July I went to Country Concert 2009!! It was a ton of fun! There were 21 artist total, Sugarland, Montgomery Gentry, and Brad Paisley were just a few. Definately going back next year!! Jess and Matt's birthdays were both on the 16th. I got Jess tickets to Kenny Chesney, Montgomery Gentry, Sugarland and Miranda Lambert-I'm pretty pumped about that one too!!
All in all, it has been a GREAT summer!! A lot of things have changed for me. Unfortunately some friendships fell apart but I have gained many too, and I know that it will all work out. I have had some ups and downs but I am just focusing on living life for the day and letting go of a lot of things.
Like I said I have a few pics now from our "mini vaca" (props to Abbie for that word!!) this past weekend. Dwain Jolliff is in the marines and is doing his schooling part at Camp Johnson in North Carolina. Its only like a 13 hour drive so why not take a little roadtrip, right?! ha. We loaded up Thursday night and arrived around 9 or 10 Friday morning. Our group consisted of myself, Chelsea, Harb, Mitch, and Sam Stone (Dwain's girlfriend). Dwain knew that Mitch was coming but the rest of us were supposed to be a surprise! Dwain was really excited that we came and we all had a great time. He brought two of his roommates along to so we got to know them too! We went to he beach, out to dinner a couple times, and just hung out at the hotel. I am so proud of Dwain and the guy he has become!!
Here are a few pics!

Our last Day :( Eric,Harb,Dwain,Mitch, Ryan, Sam, Me and Chels outside of the resturant..
On The beach!!
a collage-top left:Harb,me,Dwain,Chels, and Mitch. top right: Ryan and me. bottom left: Dwain and me on the beach. bottom right: the group

These are Sam's footprints in the sand along with the footprints poem. Chels and I tried so hard to get a good pic of footprints! ha I was pretty happy with this one!

Sorry this was somewhat long!! There was a lot to write about and still I am leaving out SO much!! There will be more when I post some more pictures!!

No comments: