Monday, November 17, 2008

It is going to be a great week....

Monday. 5:45 a.m. I woke up to Hanna taliking to some guy at our door (apparently he had been beating on the door and of course I didn't wake up!) He said he was from the front desk and that Hanna needed to go to the parking lot (right next to our dorm where we park) because her car had been vandalized. We were both still a little bit out of but I told her I would go with her because 1 I was a bit weary of the situation and 2 I didn't think she should walk out there alone. So we get to the parking lot and there was about 3 or 4 cops there. I parked on the front row and hanna was on like the 5th. As we were walking to her car I saw a cop looking in mine with a flashlight so I went over there and told him it was my car. He asked me why I was out there and I told him that I was with my roomate because her car was damaged. So they got our names and info, but there was no real link to any of the cars besides ours because we were roomates. Several cars had windows busted out but it was just really random. My passenger side window was busted out and all of my stuff from my center thing and my glove compartment was taken out and spread all over the car. The only thing that was taken were two purses that I had in there but luckily they were empty. Hanna's driver's side window was busted out and one dollar was missing! Really, breaking a window for a dollar? Come on. The other cars did not have anything missing either. One guy had over $1,000 worth of stereo stuff in his car and none of it was missing! So I guess we kind of got lucky there. My wonderful parents took care of me though :) Dad found and called a glass company and I just got back from taking my car there to get it fixed..so i won't have to drive around with a trash bag on it :) haha So that was my morning! Hopefully it isn't a reflection of how my week is going to be!!
This weekend was just about as eventful! Friday night my sister and I were going to have a nice sisterly bonding night! We went and got movies and then went to mcDonalds for supper :) However the night turned out to be anything but relaxing! When we were watching the movie when all of a sudden Jessica's cat, that had been sitting on her lap just fine, attacked Tank, Jess's dog, and then turned on Jess! It was nuts! i was trying to get Tank and me into the bathroom and then finally Jess got in there too! She had scratches all over her and blood was running down her arm. Needless to say all of my first aid stuff I had learned went out the window! ha So I attemted to treat her for shock, I thought it was a good idea haha. We didn't have our phones so she climbed out the tiny bathroom window and ran to dads. Dad came home from the cabin (he was hunting the next morning) and mom and grandma came over with the vet supplies! It was sad but at the same time it is one of those stories that I get a little giggle out of everytime I think about it!!
And now I think I have babbled on for long enough and now I must go to class :( Love you all!!

No comments: